Sunday, January 25, 2015

Retro Chair update!


1.  Two very old chairs found at Salvation Army for $30 each. The chairs do a full 360 degree turn and are very sturdy.

2. The fabric I plan to recover them with!

 3. Unscrewed and unbolted the backrest from the seat.
 4. Started removing all the upholstery staples to remove the old fabric from the backrest.








5. and from the seat.
 6. Then used the old fabric as a pattern to cut out the new fabric and began to put it all back together.


7. To get the fabric on the seat to fit correctly I put it in place inside out over the seat and pinned it. Then I removed it and sewed it.

8. Then stapled the new fabric back over the wood and padding on the back rest and the seat. 

9. Then screwed and bolted the chairs back together.


 10. The rose chair is done. Now I will repeat this process with the gold chair and then I will have a matching set!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment