Sunday, January 25, 2015

Eggs #4 and #5 arrived early this morning.

Last night Toothless was in the moss hut digging. I was quite certain she was going to lay her eggs sometime during the night. So when I woke up at 6am the first thing I did was check for eggs.

I gently nudged her and encouraged her to come out of the moss hut.
Toothless was pretty tired she was wiped but her job was done.

As I removed the moss hut from the aquarium one of the eggs rolled slightly. It is important to keep the eggs the same side up as found because the embryo attaches to the top where there is a small air pocket and if the eggs are turned there is a high risk of drowning the embryo and losing the gecko.
To make sure I had the right side up I put a flashlight up to the bottom of the box and turned the egg until I had the embryo on top. You can see the embryo very clearly in this pic. the circle on the right hand side of each egg is the embryo.

Now the eggs are labled,  and the date of birth for egg #4 and #5 recorded and in the incubator with the other 3 eggs. Now we wait for a min of 30 days and up to 65 plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment