Monday, January 19, 2015

Problem Solved! Runaway washer....

James made a pedestal for my washer and dryer with the help of a friend for Christmas last year. Or maybe his friend made it and he helped. Either way it has been wonderful. It's the perfect height for me to switch over the laundry etc. without having to bend down or kneel to do laundry.

In the above photo you can see a piece of silicone mat in the front right corner that was my temp solution to a washer that potentially could vibrate itself right off the front of the pedestal. So today I decided to make a modification to the pedestal to prevent a run away washer. 


1. I took a piece of scrap wood.
2.I cut it with my mitre saw and made 3 smaller pieces.
3. used this bit and drilled half way (two holes per brace)
4. This will stop the screw part way through the board so that it is well below the top of the brace.

4. Then I drilled all the way through with this to guide the screw without splitting the wood!

 5. Time to put them in place. I measure in an inch from each end of the washer and 3 inches from the front of the pedestal.
6. Then I screwed them all in.
7. The 3rd piece of wood was wedged on the right between the washer and dryer and screwed into place.

 8. Next time I run the washer it will vibrate it's way forward and hit up against the wood braces and hide them for the most part. Problem Solved!


No comments:

Post a Comment